The 10 Finalists have been announced for Sydney’s ‘Strapper of the Year’ award for the 2022-2023 season.
Now in its fourteenth year, this award endeavours to recognise the behind-the-scenes efforts by those stablehands that tend to go beyond the call of duty. The award is sponsored by Racing NSW and co-ordinated by Australian Racing Christian Chaplaincy.
A selection panel of racing officials will choose the winner from the finalists below.
The award will be presented at the NSW Racehorse Owners Association’s prestigious ‘Racing’s Night of Champions’ on 31st August 2023.
The finalists are:
- Ashlee Hampton-Yates (Robert & Luke Price)
- Dixit Kadiyan (Keith Dryden)
- Greg Pratt (Team Hawkes)
- Phylisha Doyle (Chris Waller)
- Rebecca Haill (Paul & Martha Cave)
- Rowena Dillon (Brett Cavanough)
- Samantha Harris (Sara Ryan)
- Steven Carmona (Maher & Eustace)
- Taylor Ratten (Peter & Paul Snowden
- Wajid Ali (Michael Freedman)